A new report authored by China scholars and influential voices from the U.S. tech industry, including former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, has raised eyebrows after calling for “bifurcation” between the U.S. and China...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 14, 2020
U.S. measures against China’s burgeoning tech sector are set to continue despite an anticipated truce in the two countries’ ongoing trade war, The Wall Street Journal’s Bob Davis and Katy Stech Ferek reported...
by Cindy | Oct 8, 2019
The Trump administration is adding 28 Chinese entities including top AI companies and state...
by Morgan Figuers | Apr 28, 2008
From AFP: US home appliance maker Whirlpool Corporation and Chinese conglomerate Hisense have formed a joint venture to serve the vast consumer market in China, the companies announced Monday. The 50-50 joint venture was formed...
by Xiao Qiang | May 21, 2005
From Tech News on ZDNet: As a trade dispute escalates between the United States and China, the U.S. tech industry is keen to see changes by the Asian giant–but opinions vary on how hard to push. U.S. business and labor leaders agree that China ought to adjust the value of its currency and do a […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China