The United States Senate has passed a landmark, bipartisan bill to dramatically increase government spending on technological development. The bill, known as the U.S. Innovation and Competition Act, allocates $250 billion to...
by John Chan | Jan 28, 2021
A new report authored by China scholars and influential voices from the U.S. tech industry, including former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, has raised eyebrows after calling for “bifurcation” between the U.S. and China...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 14, 2020
U.S. measures against China’s burgeoning tech sector are set to continue despite an anticipated truce in the two countries’ ongoing trade war, The Wall Street Journal’s Bob Davis and Katy Stech Ferek reported...
by Grace | Oct 8, 2019
The Trump administration is adding 28 Chinese entities including top AI companies and state...
by Morgan Figuers | Apr 28, 2008
From AFP: US home appliance maker Whirlpool Corporation and Chinese conglomerate Hisense have formed a joint venture to serve the vast consumer market in China, the companies announced Monday. The 50-50 joint venture was formed...
by Xiao Qiang | May 21, 2005
From Tech News on ZDNet: As a trade dispute escalates between the United States and China, the U.S. tech industry is keen to see changes by the Asian giant–but opinions vary on how hard to push. U.S. business and labor leaders agree that China ought to adjust the value of its currency and do a […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods