Former journalist and anti-corruption crusader Luo Changping was detained by police on Hainan Island on October 7, a day after his personal Weibo account was deleted over a post questioning the justification for China’s...
by Grace | Nov 21, 2018
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 26, 2018
PLA veterans have staged demonstrations against paltry pensions and inadequate welfare support in...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 12, 2016
At his V-Day anniversary parade in Beijing last year, Xi Jinping announced that the People’s...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 15, 2005
From One News: About 2,000 retired servicemen from across China staged sit-down protests in Beijing to demand pension increases in a public display of dissent that has alarmed the leadership, a military source and witnesses said. The back-to-back demonstrations from Monday to Wednesday were the biggest by veterans in China since the 1949 revolution and […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern