Following a ban on bitcoin’s initial coin offerings earlier this month, Beijing’s...
Dec 5, 2013
Bloomberg News reports that The People’s Bank of China on Thursday banned financial...
Jan 2, 2007
From Virtual China Blog: Tencent, QQ.com‘s parent company, is being sued by an angry user for impersonating a friend and getting him to link through to a contest site. Damages sought: 40,000 Q coins, and 445 5-digit QQ numbers (see previous post on the value of QQ numbers). Is this the first time that a […]
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes