The Wall Street Journal’s James T. Areddy reports that Beijing’s campaign against...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 25, 2013
Yuan Longping, an agricultural scientist at the Chinese Academy of Engineering and the “father of hybrid rice”, has publicly endorsed the implementation of fines for wasted food. Yuan, famous for developing the first...
by Liu Yong | Jun 15, 2008
From AFP: Three containers with suspected toxic electronic waste from the United States were detained by Hong Kong inspectors after environmental activists boarded a cargo ship, a campaigner said Sunday. The activists from...
by Zhaohua Li | Aug 23, 2007
One of China’s more prolific columnists details for China Dialogue the sundry ways in which Chinese officials waste money that might otherwise be spent protecting the environment: In the past few years China’s central government has begun promoting the concept of a “conserving society”. But this should not just be an economic concept; it should […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’