Agence France-Presse in Anshun (via The South China Morning Post) reports that, in the process of...
Dec 6, 2013
Australian researchers have discovered enormous fresh water reservoirs beneath the seabed off...
Aug 12, 2013
Amid a race to secure hydropower resources, The Guardian’s John Vidal writes that China and...
Mar 29, 2013
This week saw the release of China’s first national water report, covering “river conditions, water conservancy projects, water consumption, river development and management, and water and soil conservation in...
Aug 31, 2011
While China’s fondness for epic hydro-engineering projects has enormous repercussions within its own borders, the consequences are further complicated when dams are built upstream of other countries. Hundreds of millions...
Jul 5, 2007
From YaleGlobal: Asia has less fresh water per capita than any other continent except Antarctica. As the population booms and a growing middle class seeks modern conveniences like washing machines and dishwashers, water becomes a prized commodity and the source of conflict. The latest concern about Asia’s water supplies stems from Chinese plans to build […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – Xi’an Lockdown: Beijing Continues to Pursue “Zero-Covid”
- News.com.au – China’s Covid zero policy is floundering against Omicron
- The Wire China – Open Source
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Wainao – Hu Xijin’s retirement, the future after the “flattering era”