At 99% Invisible, Roman Mars, Avery Trufelman and Bianca Bosker look at the phenomenon of...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 26, 2014
While few negative repercussions are anticipated from last week’s meeting between Barack...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 21, 2014
The White House has issued a statement on Friday’s low-key meeting between President Obama...
by Sophie Beach | May 14, 2013
Chinese netizens have recently discovered the public petition system on the White House website, and several petitions created by Chinese citizens have gone viral, notably one calling for an investigation of a 1994 poisoning...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 15, 2011
The Associated Press reports that Barack Obama has invited the visiting Dalai Lama to the White House. Employing a low-key approach, the White House has set the meeting in the White House Map Room, not the Oval Office, which is...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 4, 2009
China Daily reported that the Chinese flag was to be hoisted on the White House lawn as part of a celebration of the 60th anniversary of the PRC: The national flag of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) will be hoisted at...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods