Welcome to the second edition of CDT’s weekly roundup, also available as an email newsletter through Substack. With these updates, we aim to provide an overview of new content across CDT’s English and Chinese sites, as well as...
by John Chan | Feb 17, 2021
A growing number of voices are calling for a boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. While discussion among Western countries about a boycott has circulated for months, voices in favor of a boycott have grown stronger in...
by Grace | Feb 26, 2016
At CNN, Katie Hunt reports that the Tibet Autonomous Region is closed to all foreign visitors and...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 28, 2015
On Friday July 31, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will meet in Kuala Lumpur to elect...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods