On Tuesday, International Human Rights Day, spokesperson Hua Chunying mounted a familiar defense of China’s rights record at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ regular press conference: Q: It’s the Human Rights...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 16, 2017
Activist Wu Gan, also known as Super Vulgar Butcher, stood trial for subversion in Tianjin on...
by Samuel Wade | May 24, 2017
Wu Gan, the Chinese activist also known by the online nickname “Super Vulgar Butcher,”...
by Josh Rudolph | May 29, 2015
On Wednesday May 20, police in Nanchang, Jiangxi placed activist Wu Gan, also known by supporters...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods