On Tuesday, International Human Rights Day, spokesperson Hua Chunying mounted a familiar defense of China’s rights record at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ regular press conference: Q: It’s the Human Rights...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 16, 2017
Activist Wu Gan, also known as Super Vulgar Butcher, stood trial for subversion in Tianjin on...
by Samuel Wade | May 24, 2017
Wu Gan, the Chinese activist also known by the online nickname “Super Vulgar Butcher,”...
by Josh Rudolph | May 29, 2015
On Wednesday May 20, police in Nanchang, Jiangxi placed activist Wu Gan, also known by supporters...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms