This year marks the 30th anniversary of the nationwide, student-led democracy movement in China,...
by Samuel Wade | May 31, 2014
Yet more detentions have been added to the dozens already carried out ahead of the 25th...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 25, 2013
In another attempt to return to the country of his birth, exiled June 4th dissident Wu’er...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 27, 2012
Correction: Zhang Yongming is the suspected Yunnan killer, not a victim. Update: “Lei Feng” is...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China