The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 29, 2014
On Tuesday, the Party Central Committee unveiled the fruit of its rule-of-law-themed Fourth Plenum meeting, the Decision Concerning Some Major Questions in Comprehensively Moving Governing the Country According to the Law...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 5, 2013
Wang Yang, father of the “Happy” Guangdong Model and formerly mooted counterweight to Bo Xilai, was last month replaced as Guangdong Party chief by rising star Hu Chunhua. Having failed to win a seat on the reduced...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 28, 2012
Lawyers for the family of Wen Jiabao have issued a statement on David Barboza’s investigation of their business dealings and reported $2.7 billion fortune, published on Friday at The New York Times. According to the...
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 2, 2010
From blogger Zhang Lifan’s blog, translated by CDT: I have always had a pretty good relationship with NetEase.* The news section of their website frequently posts articles I’ve written. Four years ago I quietly started a...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods