The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 29, 2014
On Tuesday, the Party Central Committee unveiled the fruit of its rule-of-law-themed Fourth Plenum meeting, the Decision Concerning Some Major Questions in Comprehensively Moving Governing the Country According to the Law...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 5, 2013
Wang Yang, father of the “Happy” Guangdong Model and formerly mooted counterweight to Bo Xilai, was last month replaced as Guangdong Party chief by rising star Hu Chunhua. Having failed to win a seat on the reduced...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 28, 2012
Lawyers for the family of Wen Jiabao have issued a statement on David Barboza’s investigation of their business dealings and reported $2.7 billion fortune, published on Friday at The New York Times. According to the...
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 2, 2010
From blogger Zhang Lifan’s blog, translated by CDT: I have always had a pretty good relationship with NetEase.* The news section of their website frequently posts articles I’ve written. Four years ago I quietly started a...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions