The Guardian’s Benjamin Haas reported on Friday on an unreleased U.N. Human Rights Council...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 16, 2017
In an annual report during the recently concluded annual session of the National People’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 22, 2016
Over a year after the “Black Friday” crackdown on rights lawyers and activists, four...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 2, 2016
Authorities are moving forward with trials for several detained since last...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 13, 2016
Last July, Beijing launched a major crackdown on human rights lawyers and activists, detaining,...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 11, 2016
Six months after the “Black Friday” crackdown in which more than 200 Chinese rights...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods