April 17, 2015 1:52 PM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake Africa relations air pollution Ai Weiwei artists CCTV censorship corruption crime Cultural Revolution Deng Xiaoping dissidents freedom of expression government corruption Great Firewall history Hong Kong democracy hong kong protests 2014 Hu Jintao Internet censorship Jiang Zemin June 4th Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong Ministry of Truth Netizen Voices political cartoons political prisoners press freedom propaganda religious freedom rumors Russia Sensitive Words Series sina weibo sports state media Tiananmen Square Twitter Uyghurs water pollution weibo women's rights Xi anti-corruption campaign Xi Jinping Xinjiang Xinjiang violence Xu Zhiyong Zhou Yongkang
April 3, 2015 11:55 AM
Undaunted by an online smear campaign against him, cartoonist Badiucao responds to 71-year-old Chinese journalist Gao Yu’s seven year
@badiucao #SOS my twitter account is being attacked #五毛 by Chinese Internet commentators‘ slander and Harassment！ #FreeSpeech #cartoons
April 16, 2015 5:39 PM
Badiucao honors the five female activists—Wu Rongrong, Li Tingting (aka Li Maizi), Zheng Churan (aka Da Tu), Wei Tingting, and Wang Man—who
March 29, 2015 5:35 PM
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Problem Solved
- Badiucao (巴丢草): World Internet Conference
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：Share and Share Alike
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：The Thorn in Xi Jinping’...
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Go Hong Kong!
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Peace on Trial
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Ai Weiwei’s CCTV Appear...
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Occupy: 1989 to 2014
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：Red Dentist
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：Great Firewall Selfie
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：Free at Last?
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Dog Eat Dog
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Chinstagram
- Drawing the News: Hong Kong Referendum
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Hong Kong White Paper
- Badiucao (巴丢草): The Truth Behind
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Deal
- Badiucao “巴丢草”: The Pen is Mighti...