The magazine’s official account on Sina Weibo, a Twitter style Chinese social media platform, posted at 10.08am, said the site was “suddenly cancelled” around 9am.
It said they received text messages and emails from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology on December 31, telling them the site had been cancelled.
The post said the notice they received did not explain why the site had to be shut down.
After clicking the site’s URL on Friday, internet users see a notice saying: “the website you are visiting has been shut down for not registering”.
It said the owner of the site should register with mainland police and business authorities and contact the internet service providers if they have any questions about registration.