Recent months have seen increasingly sharp reprisals against prominent critics of Xi Jinping’s leadership. Law professor Xu Zhangrun was fired by Tsinghua University in mid-July after a brief detention and his earlier...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 21, 2017
The week since Nobel Peace laureate, democracy advocate, and political prisoner Liu Xiaobo died...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 21, 2015
South China Morning Post’s Keira Lu Huang highlights a pseudonymous state media commentary...
by Josh Rudolph | May 21, 2015
Overseas political news website Boxun obtained a purported memo from a telephone conference of the...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 6, 2015
After being detained on suspicion of “picking quarrels” in October, scholar Guo...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’