Recent months have seen increasingly sharp reprisals against prominent critics of Xi Jinping’s leadership. Law professor Xu Zhangrun was fired by Tsinghua University in mid-July after a brief detention and his earlier...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 21, 2017
The week since Nobel Peace laureate, democracy advocate, and political prisoner Liu Xiaobo died...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 21, 2015
South China Morning Post’s Keira Lu Huang highlights a pseudonymous state media commentary...
by Josh Rudolph | May 21, 2015
Overseas political news website Boxun obtained a purported memo from a telephone conference of the...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 6, 2015
After being detained on suspicion of “picking quarrels” in October, scholar Guo...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms