As of May 6, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for user” function).
- 浦志强＋律师 Pu Zhiqiang+lawyer
- 浦志强＋失联 Pu Zhiqiang+lose contact
- 浦志强＋失踪 Pu Zhiqiang+missing
- 浦志强＋抄家 Pu Zhiqiang+search home and confiscate property
- 浦志强＋被抄 Pu Zhiqiang+be searched
- 哈儿律师＋失联 Lawyer Har+lose contact: Pu often refers to himself online as “Lawyer Har” (哈儿律师 Hā’ér lǚshī).
- 哈儿律师＋失踪 Lawyer Har+missing
- 哈儿律师＋抄家 Lawyer Har+search home and confiscate property
- 浦＋律师＋失联 Pu+lawyer+lose contact
- 浦＋律师＋失踪 Pu+lawyer+missing
- 浦＋律师＋抄家 Pu+laywer+search home and confiscate property
- 陈一谘 Chen Yizi: Chen was an advisor to Zhao Ziyang. After the crackdown on protesters in June 1989, he fled to the United States. Chen died in Los Angeles on April 13.
- 乌鲁木齐＋悬赏 Urumqi+offer a reward: A police station in Urumqi has posted a wanted notice offering 100,000 RMB for information on the suspects in last week’s attack on the city’s largest train station.The explosion and knife attack left three dead and dozens injured.
Browse all of CDT’s collected sensitive words.
All Chinese-language words are tested using simplified characters. The same terms in traditional characters occasionally return different results.
CDT Chinese runs a project that crowd-sources filtered keywords on Sina Weibo search. CDT independently tests the keywords before posting them, but some searches later become accessible again. We welcome readers to contribute to this project so that we can include the most up-to-date information.
Have a sensitive word tip? Submit it to CDT through this form: