Qiwen Lu (奇闻录, AmazeNews) gathers “news of the weird” from China. It was voted Best Blog in Chinese in Deutsche Welle’s 2013 BOBS awards. The AmazeNews story below was first posted on May 8 as part of the ongoing series Scenes...
by Anne Henochowicz | Oct 8, 2012
Recently, this banner hung in front of the Huzhou Church in Zhejiang Province: “Firmly support and defend China’s God-given Diaoyu Islands.” The sign under the red banner reads, “Jesus loves me.” Via AmazeNews. Translation By...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions