March 31st marked the deadline to become a founding member of the soon-to-be-established Asian...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 14, 2014
President Barack Obama’s meetings with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping at the Beijing APEC summit early this week seemed to yield far more results than their diplomatic talks last year in California—the two leaders...
by Grace | Jul 5, 2014
President Xi Jinping arrived in South Korea on Thursday for a state visit that is seen as...
by Grace | Apr 4, 2014
Following Crimea’s annexation by Russia and China’s relative silence regarding Russia’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 31, 2012
The Obama administration has made it clear that the Asia Pacific is an area of key interest to US foreign policy, and has stated that a healthy relationship with China is an important policy goal. Hillary Clinton has emphasized...
by Josh Rudolph | May 4, 2012
Boston University professor Walter Clemens put together a piece for The Diplomat on the increasingly tense relationship between the U.S. and China. Clemens Looks at major diplomatic issues between the two states (the Obama...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism