A new report from the University of Toronto’s Citizen Lab describes an unsuccessful phishing...
May 21, 2015
Overseas political news website Boxun obtained a purported memo from a telephone conference of the...
May 13, 2014
A prolific contributor to the U.S.-based Chinese news site Boxun.com was detained on May 3rd for...
Sep 10, 2012
He’s expected to take over as China’s leader next month, but Xi Jinping’s absence from the public eye over the past week and a half has sparked a wave of speculation over his whereabouts. From The Washington...
May 21, 2008
From The Daily Tar Heel: In an effort to circumvent the sanctions on Chinese journalists, a Durham man, Weican “Watson” Meng, runs a massively popular site for news about China, supported by contributions from...
Oct 13, 2004
Boxun news service has posted a statement “Is Google Crossing the Line?” on their site. Asking, “The question is, how far can Google or other companies go in China? ” Boxun uses Yahoo as an example to show how international companies who agree to operate by China’s rules easily violate their users’ privacy rights. About […]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report