The Chinese incarnation of the #MeToo movement gained momentum last week after several well known...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 19, 2013
At Sinosphere, Didi Kirsten Tatlow reports that Jinan fishermen sabotaged a traditional Buddhist...
by Natalie Ornell | Oct 8, 2013
The BBC reports that Chinese police have confirmed that three Tibetan men confessed to stabbing to...
by Michael Zhao | Jan 14, 2007
Facing the grave danger of the deadly bird flu, Hong Kong Buddhists have got a problem with their religious practice of releasing live chickens to Nature. From AP via Washington Post: When Hong Kong officials discovered that a scaly-breasted munia found dead on New Year’s Eve had tested positive for the H5 virus, they held […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods