The Chinese incarnation of the #MeToo movement gained momentum last week after several well known...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 19, 2013
At Sinosphere, Didi Kirsten Tatlow reports that Jinan fishermen sabotaged a traditional Buddhist...
by Natalie Ornell | Oct 8, 2013
The BBC reports that Chinese police have confirmed that three Tibetan men confessed to stabbing to...
by Michael Zhao | Jan 14, 2007
Facing the grave danger of the deadly bird flu, Hong Kong Buddhists have got a problem with their religious practice of releasing live chickens to Nature. From AP via Washington Post: When Hong Kong officials discovered that a scaly-breasted munia found dead on New Year’s Eve had tested positive for the H5 virus, they held […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions