The Chinese incarnation of the #MeToo movement gained momentum last week after several well known...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 19, 2013
At Sinosphere, Didi Kirsten Tatlow reports that Jinan fishermen sabotaged a traditional Buddhist...
by Natalie Ornell | Oct 8, 2013
The BBC reports that Chinese police have confirmed that three Tibetan men confessed to stabbing to...
by Michael Zhao | Jan 14, 2007
Facing the grave danger of the deadly bird flu, Hong Kong Buddhists have got a problem with their religious practice of releasing live chickens to Nature. From AP via Washington Post: When Hong Kong officials discovered that a scaly-breasted munia found dead on New Year’s Eve had tested positive for the H5 virus, they held […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”