In China, the #metoo movement against sexual harassment and rape had a slow start, due to both...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 10, 2017
A “Christian theme park” in Hunan, the home province of Mao Zedong, is drawing intense...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 6, 2013
At The Atlantic, Matt Schiavenza surveys the dynamic 60-year relationship between Beijing and...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 29, 2011
On the eve of the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party, a nostalgia for red songs is sweeping China, according to this New York Times article: China has boomed during three decades of economic reform, and has in many...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 24, 2011
As China’s socialist past is being glorified by local officials , academics, and others throughout China, the New York Times Magazine visits Nanjie Village, known as the “reddest village in China”: For 34...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”