The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Scott Greene | Apr 1, 2013
After a series of attacks by state media over the past several weeks, Apple on Monday issued an apology letter signed by Chief Executive Tim Cook that promised to improve its customer service and warranty policies in China. From...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 17, 2005
From Fast Company: Lenovo, which became the world’s third-largest PC maker when the deal went through in May, hired Portland, Oregon-based design consultancy ZIBA to study how Chinese consumers use electronics. A team of five U.S.-based designers and researchers won highly unusual access to private homes where they were able to document Chinese attitudes toward […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”