Originally posted in 2011, this Ming’en Media video explains just how much every...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 9, 2014
As the Year of the Water Snake comes to a close, the South China Morning post notes the...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 24, 2010
From the New York Times: For years, Chinese leaders looked to the millions of poor workers from the country’s interior as the engine of a roaring export economy. They would move to coastal provinces, toil in factories and churn...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 4, 2009
A government researcher today recommended that only boosting domestic consumption would help China recover from the global financial crisis and international demand is still weak. From Bloomberg: China has to boost domestic...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China