Originally posted in 2011, this Ming’en Media video explains just how much every...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 9, 2014
As the Year of the Water Snake comes to a close, the South China Morning post notes the...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 24, 2010
From the New York Times: For years, Chinese leaders looked to the millions of poor workers from the country’s interior as the engine of a roaring export economy. They would move to coastal provinces, toil in factories and churn...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 4, 2009
A government researcher today recommended that only boosting domestic consumption would help China recover from the global financial crisis and international demand is still weak. From Bloomberg: China has to boost domestic...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’