Originally posted in 2011, this Ming’en Media video explains just how much every...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 9, 2014
As the Year of the Water Snake comes to a close, the South China Morning post notes the...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 24, 2010
From the New York Times: For years, Chinese leaders looked to the millions of poor workers from the country’s interior as the engine of a roaring export economy. They would move to coastal provinces, toil in factories and churn...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 4, 2009
A government researcher today recommended that only boosting domestic consumption would help China recover from the global financial crisis and international demand is still weak. From Bloomberg: China has to boost domestic...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods