Amid ongoing protests in Hong Kong, police have arrested three pro-democracy lawmakers, two...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 17, 2017
Three young democracy campaigners were each given prison sentences for taking part in an...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 6, 2016
Last Saturday marked the 27th anniversary of the June 4, 1989 crackdown on pro-democracy...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 8, 2016
Four activists have been sentenced to jail on charges of “inciting subversion of state...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China