China’s wealthy continue to move their assets—and families—overseas, despite the...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 15, 2015
The BBC reports that three men allegedly armed with knives were shot dead and another woman...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 6, 2015
At The Wall Street Journal, noted China scholar David Shambaugh writes that “the endgame of...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 24, 2014
A number of recent articles highlight alternatives to China’s mainstream society and values....
by Samuel Wade | Dec 2, 2013
A new pilot program promises to gradually impose new asset disclosure requirements on most Chinese...
by Scott Greene | Nov 1, 2012
Ian Johnson of The New York Times reports that political uncertainty and fear for their financial future, among other factors, is driving more and more Chinese professionals to emigrate abroad in search of a better life: As...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods