Wuhan, the epicenter of the global COVID-19 pandemic, has in recent days lifted its ten-week lockdown, allowing residents to leave their homes and travel outside the city, and some businesses to reopen. Raymond Zhong and Vivian...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 18, 2014
Yiyun Li came to the US from Beijing in 1996 to do a PhD in immunology at the University of Iowa,...
by Cindy | Jul 29, 2013
At Bloomberg Businessweek, Christina Larson looks at the prospects for translated Chinese works in America. Currently, the flow into China of books translated from English and other foreign languages is much larger than the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China