Wuhan, the epicenter of the global COVID-19 pandemic, has in recent days lifted its ten-week lockdown, allowing residents to leave their homes and travel outside the city, and some businesses to reopen. Raymond Zhong and Vivian...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 18, 2014
Yiyun Li came to the US from Beijing in 1996 to do a PhD in immunology at the University of Iowa,...
by Cindy | Jul 29, 2013
At Bloomberg Businessweek, Christina Larson looks at the prospects for translated Chinese works in America. Currently, the flow into China of books translated from English and other foreign languages is much larger than the...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions