The Australian Financial Review’s Phillip Cooley reports on discussions between Australia,...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 10, 2010
From the Daily Telegraph, by Malcolm Moore in Shanghai and Peter Foster in Beijing: Faced with regulations that are often impossible to meet and a climate of overwhelming protectionism, many said they are now openly considering...
by Liu Yong | Oct 13, 2009
From New York Times: With the global recession making consumers and businesses more price-conscious, China is grabbing market share from its export competitors, solidifying a dominance in world trade that many economists say...
by Liu Yong | Aug 1, 2009
From Wall Street Journal: China launched formal complaints at the World Trade Organization in a bid to take down trade barriers set up by the European Union and U.S., a sign Beijing is fighting more aggressively to keep foreign...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods