Authorities in Xi’an have locked down the entire city after reporting over 100 new coronavirus cases. China has employed lockdowns, mass testing, and centralized quarantines to pursue a “zero-covid” strategy. The Xi’an...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 20, 2018
The Australian Financial Review’s Phillip Cooley reports on discussions between Australia,...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 10, 2010
From the Daily Telegraph, by Malcolm Moore in Shanghai and Peter Foster in Beijing: Faced with regulations that are often impossible to meet and a climate of overwhelming protectionism, many said they are now openly considering...
by Liu Yong | Oct 13, 2009
From New York Times: With the global recession making consumers and businesses more price-conscious, China is grabbing market share from its export competitors, solidifying a dominance in world trade that many economists say...
by Liu Yong | Aug 1, 2009
From Wall Street Journal: China launched formal complaints at the World Trade Organization in a bid to take down trade barriers set up by the European Union and U.S., a sign Beijing is fighting more aggressively to keep foreign...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism