The Australian Financial Review’s Phillip Cooley reports on discussions between Australia,...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 10, 2010
From the Daily Telegraph, by Malcolm Moore in Shanghai and Peter Foster in Beijing: Faced with regulations that are often impossible to meet and a climate of overwhelming protectionism, many said they are now openly considering...
by Liu Yong | Oct 13, 2009
From New York Times: With the global recession making consumers and businesses more price-conscious, China is grabbing market share from its export competitors, solidifying a dominance in world trade that many economists say...
by Liu Yong | Aug 1, 2009
From Wall Street Journal: China launched formal complaints at the World Trade Organization in a bid to take down trade barriers set up by the European Union and U.S., a sign Beijing is fighting more aggressively to keep foreign...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions