At That’s magazine, Will Philipps writes about the Beijing’s growing community of...
foreigners in Beijing
Sep 17, 2014
The South China Morning Post reports that recent discoveries of sex offenders working in Chinese...
Aug 11, 2013
The American travel writer Michael Meyer recently went on a book tour in China for the Chinese version of his book, “The Last Days of Old Beijing”. From The Slate Book Review: I’m nearing the end of a three-week...
Aug 4, 2013
Mitch Moxley, who arrived in China in 2007 for a job at The China Daily, recounts the frustrations of working for China’s English language, Communist Party mouthpiece newspaper. He has recently published a memoir of his six...
May 16, 2012
Beijing authorities have announced the start of a 100-day campaign to “clean up” foreigners who fall into the “3 Have-Not” categories: no valid visa, no valid residence permit, or (where applicable) no...
Nov 10, 2008
Sexy Beijing interviews two foreigners in Beijing who are sharing their love for capoeira with passersby in the capital’s public parks.
Jul 14, 2008
How is Beijing ensuring the safety of food supplies for Olympic athletes, and what are the issues surrounding the stepped-up security. Tim Johnson visits the farm of Lin Yuan, an Olympic vegetable supplier, for the Minneapolis...
Feb 2, 2007
From AP: Foreigners in Beijing will be limited to buying a single home for their own use under new curbs imposed amid efforts to slow a surge in housing costs, newspapers reported Saturday… China’s government is trying to restrain a jump in housing prices and cool an investment boom that Chinese leaders worry could spark […]
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China