China imposed new tariffs on Australian imports on Friday, the latest move in an escalating trade war that has rallied several of Australia’s allies in support for the country. The Washington Post’s Gerry Shih reported on the...
free trade agreement
by John Chan | Nov 16, 2020
Fifteen countries in the Asia-Pacific region on Monday signed the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), one of the largest free trade agreements in history. Inspired by the 10 member states of the Association of...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 14, 2014
President Barack Obama’s meetings with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping at the Beijing APEC summit early this week seemed to yield far more results than their diplomatic talks last year in California—the two leaders...
by Melissa M. Chan | May 13, 2012
As tensions rise on the Korean peninsula, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has warned about an unstable situation in a summit with Japan and South Korea. AFP reports: “The Northeast Asia and East Asia regions are faced with a...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China