An anonymous Chinese tech and politics blogger known as program-think (编程随想) has reportedly been detained in China after evading identification and arrest for more than 12 years. program-think, whose Blogspot posts included...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 3, 2016
As Chinese authorities frequently point out in response to foreign accusations that it sponsors...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 9, 2015
Filmmaker Laura Poitras—who is best known for receiving classified documents from and then...
by 不忘初心 | Sep 18, 2013
U.S. computer security software company Symantec says a Chinese group of hackers named...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 27, 2013
As accusations of hacking take an increasingly prominent role in Sino-U.S. relations, former U.S. Defense Secretary William Cohen argues that a quieter approach will yield better results than “megaphone diplomacy”....
by Samuel Wade | Mar 21, 2013
Update: The Korean Communications Commission has announced that its original attribution was a mistake, and that the IP address involved in the attack actually belongs to one of the targeted companies. The attack is still...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods