On Monday, South China Morning Post’s Jane Cai reported various deficiencies in the advice...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 14, 2018
The Party’s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection announced on Tuesday that former...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 4, 2016
A number of reports from the ongoing political assemblies in Beijing describe an air of tension...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 2, 2016
This week sees the start of the annual “Two Sessions” of the advisory Chinese People’s...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 2, 2015
The dismissal and expulsion of Xinjiang Daily editor Zhao Xinwei last month marked the first...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 2, 2015
At The Guardian, Tom Phillips reports the firing of a Xinjiang newspaper editor over his public...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern