Last week, a Weibo post by the CCP Central Political and Legal Affairs Commission, China’s top legal enforcement authority, ignited a firestorm of controversy on Chinese social media. The controversy began after the...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 14, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 6, 2013
With today’s announcement that India launched a probe to Mars, becoming the first Asian...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 2, 2013
The Hindu’s Ananth Krishnan examines Chinese reactions to a storm in India over the fatal gang-rape of a woman on a New Delhi bus. The incident and the protests in New Delhi in recent days have received wide attention in...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 13, 2011
In a TED talk, MIT and Fudan University professor Yasheng Huang discusses India and China and asks whether India’s democracy has helped or hindered its economic growth: Economist Yasheng Huang compares China to India, and...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 5, 2011
While China is often eager to measure its development against the West, India frequently fixates on its own progress relative to China, according to The New York Times. Following a series of major corruption scandals, some in...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms