The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 6, 2013
With today’s announcement that India launched a probe to Mars, becoming the first Asian...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 2, 2013
The Hindu’s Ananth Krishnan examines Chinese reactions to a storm in India over the fatal gang-rape of a woman on a New Delhi bus. The incident and the protests in New Delhi in recent days have received wide attention in...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 13, 2011
In a TED talk, MIT and Fudan University professor Yasheng Huang discusses India and China and asks whether India’s democracy has helped or hindered its economic growth: Economist Yasheng Huang compares China to India, and...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 5, 2011
While China is often eager to measure its development against the West, India frequently fixates on its own progress relative to China, according to The New York Times. Following a series of major corruption scandals, some in...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”