Late on Tuesday, a 6.5 magnitude earthquake hit Sichuan’s Jiuzhaigou County, killing at...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 27, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Cindy | Dec 21, 2015
On Monday, rescue work continued at an industrial park in Shenzhen a day after a massive landslide...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 26, 2013
The AP reports that at least nine more people are dead, and another eight missing in Gansu province after landslides. Gansu was hit by a 6.6 magnitude quake (5.9 according to the U.S. Geological Survey) on July 22, and as of...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 16, 2013
Relief efforts continue in Yunnan, where a remote village was decimated by a landslide last Friday. 46 people died, including 19 children. China Daily reported that 29 of the victims were from a single clan, now reduced to just...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”