A former journalist, Leta Hong Fincher was the first American to receive a PhD in Sociology from...
leta hong fincher
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2018
In the Washington Post, Leta Hong Fincher, author of the forthcoming “Betraying Big Brother:...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 19, 2016
The question of whether authors should accept censorship in exchange for publication within China...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 27, 2015
In September 1995, government leaders and activists gathered outside Beijing for the 4th World...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 17, 2015
The five women’s rights activists who were detained while planning to distribute stickers to...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms