A former journalist, Leta Hong Fincher was the first American to receive a PhD in Sociology from...
leta hong fincher
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2018
In the Washington Post, Leta Hong Fincher, author of the forthcoming “Betraying Big Brother:...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 19, 2016
The question of whether authors should accept censorship in exchange for publication within China...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 27, 2015
In September 1995, government leaders and activists gathered outside Beijing for the 4th World...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 17, 2015
The five women’s rights activists who were detained while planning to distribute stickers to...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods