Sensitive Words highlights keywords that are blocked from Sina Weibo search results. CDT...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 30, 2013
For his latest contribution to the Hexie Farm CDT series, cartoonist Crazy Crab pays homage to Lin Zhao, a dissident intellectual who was executed during the Cultural Revolution. On April 29, the 45th anniversary of her death,...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 29, 2013
Monday marked the 45th anniversary of the execution of Lin Zhao, a dissident who wrote criticisms of the government in her own blood while in prison. Despite her official rehabilitation in 1981, visitors to her grave have faced...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 14, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Xiao Qiang | May 26, 2009
During Mother’s Day weekend on May 10th, a number of intellectuals in Beijing organized a seminar discussing 20 years of the democracy movement in China. The seminar started with a moment of silence, paying tribute to the...
by Sophie Beach | May 1, 2009
Robert Marquand, former Beijing correspondent for the Christian Science Monitor, writes about executed poet Lin Zhao and Charter 08. Read more about Lin Zhao in Philip Pan’s book “Out of Mao’s Shadow.”...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods