At Reuters, Venus Wu and James Pomfret report that riot police in Wukan, Guangdong fired rubber...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 10, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 13, 2015
At the New York Times, Edward Wong reports that 27 people who were related to or supported a now...
by Paulina Hartono | Feb 25, 2009
A luxurious 14-day trip to Africa and the Middle East by Guangdong local officials financed by public funds has been met with intense scrutiny after a netizen posted a indicting 17-minute video of the trip’s exploits...
by Paulina Hartono | Feb 6, 2009
Audra Ang of the Associated Press reports on the detention of citizens protesting against local corruption. Police in China’s capital took away at least eight people trying to air grievances in front a government building...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China