At Reuters, Venus Wu and James Pomfret report that riot police in Wukan, Guangdong fired rubber...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 10, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 13, 2015
At the New York Times, Edward Wong reports that 27 people who were related to or supported a now...
by Paulina Hartono | Feb 25, 2009
A luxurious 14-day trip to Africa and the Middle East by Guangdong local officials financed by public funds has been met with intense scrutiny after a netizen posted a indicting 17-minute video of the trip’s exploits...
by Paulina Hartono | Feb 6, 2009
Audra Ang of the Associated Press reports on the detention of citizens protesting against local corruption. Police in China’s capital took away at least eight people trying to air grievances in front a government building...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’