Last Saturday was Human Rights Day, the 68th anniversary of the United Nations’ adoption of...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 25, 2014
Following a call from U.S. lawmakers, the House Appropriations Committee has voted in favor...
by Natalie Ornell | Feb 28, 2014
The New York Times’ Michael Forsythe reports on departing United States ambassador Gary F....
by Samuel Wade | Jan 28, 2014
Gary Locke’s likely successor as U.S. ambassador to China, Senator Max Baucus, faced a...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods