Last Saturday was Human Rights Day, the 68th anniversary of the United Nations’ adoption of...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 25, 2014
Following a call from U.S. lawmakers, the House Appropriations Committee has voted in favor...
by Natalie Ornell | Feb 28, 2014
The New York Times’ Michael Forsythe reports on departing United States ambassador Gary F....
by Samuel Wade | Jan 28, 2014
Gary Locke’s likely successor as U.S. ambassador to China, Senator Max Baucus, faced a...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”