Meng Hongwei, the former president of Interpol who was previously a senior Chinese police official, has been sentenced to 13 and a half years in prison by a Tianjin court for bribery. Meng was placed under investigation in...
Jun 20, 2019
The Guardian reports that former Interpol president and Chinese vice minister for public security...
Oct 26, 2018
The recent vanishings of former Interpol President and Vice Minister for Public Security Meng...
Oct 23, 2018
Chinese authorities belatedly explained the disappearance and subsequent resignation of Interpol...
Oct 10, 2018
Interpol President Meng Hongwei has resigned from his leadership position at the international...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos