Beijing begins hosting the 40th Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting today. At the South China...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 24, 2016
Last month saw the long-anticipated trials of three Guangdong labor activists charged with...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 9, 2013
High Peaks Pure Earth has recently translated posts from Tibetan blogger and activist Woeser on...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 23, 2013
Xinhua reports that the 61 giant pandas at the Bifengxia breeding center were not physically harmed by the 6.6Mw earthquake that struck Sichuan province on Saturday, killing 193 and injuring over 12,000: According to the video...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 2, 2013
Rescue work has resumed at the site of a disaster-struck mine near Lhasa after being suspended on Monday due to the risk of further landslides. The bodies of 59 of the 83 workers buried last Friday have now been recovered. China...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”