In 2017, experts began to warn that controversial DNA collection campaigns resembling ones targeting ethnic minorities in sensitive regions like Xinjiang and Tibet could be expected nationwide as Beijing expanded its use of...
Ministry of Public Security
by Josh Rudolph | May 16, 2017
The Associated Press’ Matthew Brown reports on indications that public security...
by Josh Rudolph | May 15, 2017
Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, who has suspected ties to China’s intelligence apparatus and is...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 16, 2016
On November 10, the international law enforcement organization Interpol announced the election of...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 30, 2016
Thursday saw the passage of a long-awaited law governing the registration, operation, funding, and...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”