In 2017, experts began to warn that controversial DNA collection campaigns resembling ones targeting ethnic minorities in sensitive regions like Xinjiang and Tibet could be expected nationwide as Beijing expanded its use of...
Ministry of Public Security
by Josh Rudolph | May 16, 2017
The Associated Press’ Matthew Brown reports on indications that public security...
by Josh Rudolph | May 15, 2017
Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, who has suspected ties to China’s intelligence apparatus and is...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 16, 2016
On November 10, the international law enforcement organization Interpol announced the election of...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 30, 2016
Thursday saw the passage of a long-awaited law governing the registration, operation, funding, and...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods