In 2017, experts began to warn that controversial DNA collection campaigns resembling ones targeting ethnic minorities in sensitive regions like Xinjiang and Tibet could be expected nationwide as Beijing expanded its use of...
Ministry of Public Security
by Josh Rudolph | May 16, 2017
The Associated Press’ Matthew Brown reports on indications that public security...
by Josh Rudolph | May 15, 2017
Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, who has suspected ties to China’s intelligence apparatus and is...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 16, 2016
On November 10, the international law enforcement organization Interpol announced the election of...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 30, 2016
Thursday saw the passage of a long-awaited law governing the registration, operation, funding, and...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions