At Quartz, Jane Li reports on a statement released late last month by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, that anyone applying for a new mobile and data service plan will need to have their faces scanned by...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 14, 2018
The ability to persistently link people’s identities and activities is a core theme of China’s...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 15, 2016
Alleged Chinese hacking of American companies may have diminished since tensions over the issue...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 23, 2015
The New York Times’ Paul Mozur reports that mobile Internet users in Xinjiang have had their...
by Cindy | Jul 22, 2014
According to China Internet Network Information Center, the number of Chinese Internet users...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 4, 2013
The Wall Street Journal’s Lorraine Luk and Daisuke Wakabayashi report a long-anticipated...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms