After draft national security legislation was criticized by analysts in May for its exceptionally...
national security commission
by Scott Greene | Feb 24, 2014
Analysts expect that China’s new National Security Commission, which is expected to be...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 14, 2014
Cultural challenges from the West will be among five threats targeted by Xi Jinping’s new...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 17, 2013
On Twitter, former Mexican ambassador to China Jorge Guajardo expresses skepticism about recent...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 16, 2013
On Friday, Beijing released the 20-page, 60-point ‘CCP Central Committee Resolution...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”