For nearly three months, Chinese authorities have relied on censorship and propaganda to control the domestic narrative about the COVID-19 novel epidemic. In an attempt to keep the populace calm, early cases in Wuhan were...
by Natalie Ornell | Apr 1, 2014
According to a new report from Human Rights Watch (HRW), Tibetan refugees in Nepal are starting...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 12, 2012
AFP reports on the deteriorating situation of Nepal’s 20,000 Tibetan exiles as China’s influence in the country grows. For decades, Nepal has been a safe haven for Tibetans fleeing China but activists say their...
by cdtstaff | Mar 30, 2011
China has pledged to give more support to Nepal, including providing them with greater military-aid. China’s attempt to forge closer ties with Nepal is an important geopolitical strategy given Nepal’s proximity to...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods