An attack on the Chinese consulate in Karachi, Pakistan last Friday has left at least seven dead,...
by lisbeth | Sep 28, 2018
As details and personal accounts continue to emerge from Xinjiang—where up to a million Uyghurs...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 12, 2017
Late last month, two Chinese nationals were reportedly kidnapped in Quetta, Bolochistan, Pakistan,...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 15, 2016
A major part of China’s strategy to enhance economic and security interaction with Central...
by cdtstaff | Oct 26, 2011
China is interested in setting up military bases in Pakistan, near the Xinjiang border, according to a report in Pakistan’s The News International which cited diplomatic sources. From The Economic Times: China has...
by cdtstaff | Mar 25, 2011
Despite recent efforts to half its own nuclear plant projects, spokeswoman Jiang Yu says China will still export nuclear technology to Pakistan. From Voice of America: As for Pakistan, though, she [Jiang Yu] said only that China...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods