In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
Sep 17, 2009
Xinhua put out a brief report in English only yesterday, but deleted the news again from its own website around 11 pm on September 16. Here is the report, archived by CDT: A man armed with a knife stabbed two people to death and...
Aug 12, 2009
In the New York Times, Richard Bernstein takes a walk through the new Dashalan pedestrian district: But while most of the old residential areas of Beijing that have been demolished were transformed into zones of high-rise...
Aug 8, 2007
Not your typical China demolition story. In this case, the petitioners are Chinese Australians. The question: Does it matter? From the New York Times: Beijing observed the one-year countdown to the 2008 Olympics on Wednesday night with fireworks and pageantry at a celebration in Tiananmen Square. A few blocks away, Sun Ruoyu and her sister […]
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages