As new Chinese surveillance technology spreads across the country and beyond, Sixth Tone’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 20, 2015
On Friday, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid a visit to Arunachal Pradesh, a north-eastern...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 15, 2012
In the New Yorker, Evan Osnos has written an in-depth exploration of the July 2011 train crash in Wenzhou, which killed 40 people and generated online outrage over the government’s handling of the tragedy. Osnos pieces...
Investigator Allegedly Blames Mismanagement for Wenzhou Crash; Ministry "Blackmails" Government for Loans
by Samuel Wade | Nov 22, 2011
A report from The Beijing Times claims that, as with the Shanghai Metro crash in September, blame for the Wenzhou high-speed rail crash has been found to lie with human error rather than, as originally claimed, equipment...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China