Te-Ping Chen at The Wall Street Journal reports that Chinese state broadcaster CCTV has publicized...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 8, 2013
Amid frequent bad news about wildlife issues in and involving China, LiveScience’s Tia Ghose...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 20, 2011
Amidst a climate of widespread hostility towards immigrants in rich nations, The Economist points out the economic and other advantages diasporic populations bring to both host and home countries. Overseas Chinese, who taken...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 6, 2010
The New York Times reports on Chinese scientists who have made successful careers for themselves in the U.S. but choose to return to China after receiving generous incentive packages from the government: Determined to reverse...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 19, 2008
The Washington Post reports on scientists who are giving up prestigious positions in the U.S. to return to China, where they are provided with elite positions and abundant funding for their research: Lured by grants, tax breaks,...
by Sophia Cao | Aug 14, 2006
From Danwei blog: Early last month, Harvard math professor Qiu Chengtong accused Peking University of listing on its faculty “foreign professors” who in reality had little or nothing to do with the school. The...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms