Beijing-based publisher and film producer Geng Xiaonan was detained along with her husband and business partner Qin Chen on September 9 for suspected "illegal business operations." Geng had been an outspoken advocate...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 21, 2015
Following his trial on December 14, rights lawyer Pu Zhiqiang was given a three-year suspended...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 11, 2015
More than a year and a half after prominent rights lawyer Pu Zhiqiang’s detention ahead of...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 24, 2015
For ChinaFile, David Bandurski writes about the current status of journalism in China and Xi...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 21, 2015
Rights lawyer Pu Zhiqiang was formally indicted for “inciting ethnic hatred” and...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 23, 2015
South China Morning Post’s Verna Yu reports fears for the health of 71-year-old journalist...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms