Famous Chinese actress and singer Fan Bingbing has been given a score of zero in a ranking of...
May 10, 2013
In an interview and a recent speech, respectively, artist Ai Weiwei and Nobel-winning author Mo Yan expressed sharply different attitudes towards public exposure and social and political responsibility. From Bernhard Zand,...
Apr 25, 2013
China looks set to unveil revised regulations for NGOs this year, a policy which should eliminate the sponsor or dual registration requirement and allow for direct registration of certain organizations. Civil society law expert...
May 15, 2009
From the China Business Review: In light of China’s encounter with the current global economic crisis, the types of services that international nonprofit organizations (INPOs) offer are now more vital than ever....
Aug 5, 2008
From John Tepper Marlin at The Huffington Post: Not so very far from yesterday’s bombing that killed 16 police officers, in a region subject to a recent Chinese crackdown to protect the Olympics, Martin Ma manages a...
Jan 10, 2008
Translated by CDT from China Youth Daily: China’s environmental watchdog called the names of three multinationals for constantly failing to deliver on their environmental cleanup. The prominently criticized firms are a joint venture decoration materials outlet between Thailand’s CP Group and US’s Omnova Solutions, Japan’s Kawasaki Heavy Industrials Steel Structure and China’s food and beverage […]
CDT in the News
- NPHR – Chinese authorities remain committed to ‘zero COVID’ lockdown policy
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back