Famous Chinese actress and singer Fan Bingbing has been given a score of zero in a ranking of...
by Samuel Wade | May 10, 2013
In an interview and a recent speech, respectively, artist Ai Weiwei and Nobel-winning author Mo Yan expressed sharply different attitudes towards public exposure and social and political responsibility. From Bernhard Zand,...
by Xiao Qiang | May 15, 2009
From the China Business Review: In light of China’s encounter with the current global economic crisis, the types of services that international nonprofit organizations (INPOs) offer are now more vital than ever....
by Michael Zhao | Jan 10, 2008
Translated by CDT from China Youth Daily: China’s environmental watchdog called the names of three multinationals for constantly failing to deliver on their environmental cleanup. The prominently criticized firms are a joint venture decoration materials outlet between Thailand’s CP Group and US’s Omnova Solutions, Japan’s Kawasaki Heavy Industrials Steel Structure and China’s food and beverage […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions