Famous Chinese actress and singer Fan Bingbing has been given a score of zero in a ranking of...
by Samuel Wade | May 10, 2013
In an interview and a recent speech, respectively, artist Ai Weiwei and Nobel-winning author Mo Yan expressed sharply different attitudes towards public exposure and social and political responsibility. From Bernhard Zand,...
by Xiao Qiang | May 15, 2009
From the China Business Review: In light of China’s encounter with the current global economic crisis, the types of services that international nonprofit organizations (INPOs) offer are now more vital than ever....
by Michael Zhao | Jan 10, 2008
Translated by CDT from China Youth Daily: China’s environmental watchdog called the names of three multinationals for constantly failing to deliver on their environmental cleanup. The prominently criticized firms are a joint venture decoration materials outlet between Thailand’s CP Group and US’s Omnova Solutions, Japan’s Kawasaki Heavy Industrials Steel Structure and China’s food and beverage […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods