For the New York Review of Books, Ian Johnson continues his exploration of the journal...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 17, 2014
As of January 17, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search...
by Paulina Hartono | Dec 25, 2007
From The New America Media: A long forgotten photo of a young woman strapping a Red Guard arm band on the communist leader has resurfaced on the Internet and brought new infamy to Song Binbin, now a scientist living in the United States. [Full Text]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”