For the New York Review of Books, Ian Johnson continues his exploration of the journal...
Jan 24, 2014
This week we are introducing a new feature, which we will run every Friday: This Week on CDT. We...
Jan 24, 2014
PRI profiles documentary filmmaker Hu Jie, whose work focuses on Communist Party history from the...
Jan 21, 2014
A roundup of online political cartoons from the past week. Click any image to launch the slideshow...
Jan 17, 2014
As of January 17, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search...
Jan 14, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Dec 25, 2007
From The New America Media: A long forgotten photo of a young woman strapping a Red Guard arm band on the communist leader has resurfaced on the Internet and brought new infamy to Song Binbin, now a scientist living in the United States. [Full Text]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report