China’s economy grew by 7.7 percent for both the fourth quarter and the full year, narrowly...
by Scott Greene | May 23, 2013
Sources tell Reuters that Chinese Premier Li Keqiang rejected an urbanization proposal from the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), citing concerns over the risks of another debt-funded spending binge at the local...
by Scott Greene | Aug 22, 2012
The Wall Street Journal reports that a number of Chinese cities have rolled out large stimulus measures intended to boost slumping growth: The city of Chongqing in China’s southwest called for investment of 1.5 trillion...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern